For the most current status of the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Illinois Department of Public Health, and Lake County Health Department websites.
Lake County Health Department (LCHD)
Illinois Department of Public Health
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
What to do if you are sick
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider immediately.
If you are experiencing symptoms please call your doctor! Do not walk into a healthcare facility, urgent care clinic, or hospital before calling. Discuss your symptoms with your doctor. If your doctor believes that you need to be tested for COVID-19, your doctor should call the Lake County Health Department Communicable Disease program to arrange for you to be assessed.
Minimize the Spread
There are steps individuals can take to help minimize the risk of COVID-19 spread. The Village is recommending following the 3 C’s - Clean, Cover, Contain.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
- Cover cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
Who to contact if you have general questions
Please call the Illinois COVID-19 hotline via phone 1-800-889-3931 or email DPH.SICK@ILLINOIS.GOV.