Internet Essentials from Comcast is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program. It provides:
- 15/2 MB Internet service for only $9.95/month
- Free in home WiFi
- 40 hours of outdoor WiFi usage
- The option to purchase an Internet ready computer for less than $150
- Computer security
- Print, on-line, and in-person training
Qualified families must inlcude:
Over the years, Comcast has connected over 1.5 million households to Internet Essentials. The majority of those continue to be in the Chicago area.
- At least one child in grades K - 12 who are eligible to participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Community college students who are on the Pell Grant program
- Public housing recipients
- Veterans who are on public aid
Applications may be processed by going to www.InternetEssentials.com,
or by calling (855) 846-8376. You can request informational materials (brochures, posters, etc.) shipped directly to you, free of charge, from the the Internet Essentials website. Program materials are available in 14 languages to schools and non-profit partners at InternetEssentials.com/Partner.
For more information or to apply for the program, visit www.InternetEssentials.com or call 1-855-846-8376, or, for Spanish call 1-855-765-6995.